NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Zenzele Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 13:32:04 -0500
> As a male, I feel intimidated to talk about cravings in front of
> pregnant
> women! However, there are foods I miss, like the ratty pizza made by
> local pizzeria. My much more nutritious, home made pizzas just don't
> have
> the same greasy, cardboard taste and I miss it...

first of all, cravings are not a "female" phenomena, nor do they only
happen to pregnant women.

that said, i have serious problems with cheese cravings, especially
cheddar and that stuff found in pizza.  at my job, there is always free
food, especially pizza, and it's really, really hard to say no to it.
it's even worse for me, because i was just diagnosed with irritable bowel
syndrome, and it's absolutely necessary for me to avoid dairy at all
costs.  what's even worse is that none of those so-called nondairy
cheeses work for me at all.  they all taste like cardboard to me.

if anyone knows of any dairyless cheese that actually tastes really,
really good, not just adequate, please let me know the brand.

zen