NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Philip D. Monson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 1997 10:48:49 +0000
Fellow Listservers,
My daughter (age 6 yrs.) was exhibiting (not severe) symptoms
including a persistent rash around her wrists, a "stuffy" head (chronic),
and periodic moodiness. My wife breast fed her for about
two years, which she took to fine. We did notice certain symptoms
(e.g., small rash) during that time that we concluded were probably a
mother to (breast) milk transfer. Offhand I don't recall precisely what
foods (except milk) appeared to induce these symptoms.
Once she was weaned, it became apparent that she reacted to
milk (at least) and she started drinking soy-based milks. Her
symptoms continued. Recently (about two months ago), she was
determined to be sensitive to milk and corn following a "no-load"
(name?) test administered by our chiropractor. Since then, we've been
diligent about keeping her away from regular milk and corn products
(corn syrup, etc.) though she still eats yogurt and cheese. Her symptoms
have noticably lessened though she still has a slight head "stuffiness"
and her rash sometimes flares up; her behaviour can still get "excitable". We
suspect that occasionally she gets a dose of (probably) corn syrup in unsuspecting
snacks at school.
My question to you folks. With this knowledge, and the understanding that
her symptoms have'nt completely cleared up, are there other foods or foodstuffs
that may be "bad actors" for her?
Suggestions? Thanks.

Phil