NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robyn Kozierok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 11:09:19 -0400
>(ignore the javascript alert). it looks like they have a vegan meal that is
>totally non-dairy, but i wish that they had a non-dairy meal.

If you prefer something spicy they Hindu and Asian Vegetarian meals are
also listed as being strictly vegan.

>here is something that really annoys me, they have a non-lactose meal that
>is meant for milk allergies too, but one of the allowed foods is non-dairy
>creamer?!?! I think they need a little education. if anyone is a little
>more eloquent than i, it would be great if someone would send them a letter
>(hint hint- mark??)

<snip>

>    yogurt. Milk products like casein, whey, skimmed milk and non-fat milk
>    solids, curds, and sodium caseinates should also be avoided.

It sounds like they really do understand what it means to cater to milk
allergies.  I would guess that when they say "non-dairy" creamer they
mean to indicate those few non-dairy creamers that are truly free of
casein, whey, etc.  It might be worth checking with them, but it sounds
like this lactose-free meal should be safe.

--Robyn