NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Martin Finne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 1997 02:21:08 +0100
> required calcium. Virtually no foods are rich enough in calcium that they
> can be consumed in sufficient amounts to satisfy a growing child's need
for
> calcium. You'll have to find a good, milk-free supplement.

broccoly, spinach, sardines, ...

I believe ( my belief ) dairy proteins (and other proteins) for some of us
will
'confuse' the chemistry in the body in a way which make the calcium reach
where it was not intended. The bones is not only used to 'hold' the body
upright.
It is also used as a reservoire for calcium which is involved in most
neuro-
transmitting activity.

> My dairy-allergic son is now taking several calcium pills per day, and
his

I fully support this , you have to replace the calcium source when milk
is cut off.

> growth has improved significantly. Unfortunately, you can't see immediate
> effects of poor calcium - you just have to take on faith that they need
it.

perhaps you may be able to detect calcium deficiency as depression, lack of
concentration, sleep disturbance, loss of energy or more 'hard evidence' as

cavities in teeth,  white spots in nails and  tendensies to bone fractures.

> Mark Feblowitz

Merin Finne.