NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sally Strasser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 1997 19:00:52 -0500
Mark wrote about the elimination diet,

>It can be very difficult, but we found it to be much more reliable than
>skin or RAST tests.

I can see how an elimination diet would work well.  It's also hard to find
a starting point--my son tested allergic to both chicken and broccoli (his
diet staples).  In fact, he tested positive to everything he was tested for
except peas.  We resorted to watching for different combos, rotating his
diet so he could have some nutrition as well as keeping the allergies at
bay (as far as we could tell).  It's what his allergist recommended.  Of
course milk and peanuts are completely off the menu.

I have a question:  is the RAST test truer than a skin test? We have
another allergy checkup coming up... this time I have to take BOTH of my
boys as the older one has developed asthma.

--Sally

Sally Strasser