NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynda Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 20:54:02 EDT

<< Our doctor does not advise taking all these vitamins and supplements.
 We simply eat other foods rich in calcium {and other vitamins as well}
 such as broccoli, lots of leafy green veggies, etc.  The vitamins you
 get from natural sources are usually the best for you.   >>

I absolutely agree, the natural way is the best way to get these nutrients.
However, for people with very restricted diets due to multiple food allergies,
supplementation may be the only way to try to achieve the RDA for some
vitamins and minerals.
Soy is a wonderful source of many nutrients but when a child is both soy
allergic and milk allergic, for instance, this is not an option.  And most
kids will eat only *so* much broccoli and then turn their noses up at it.
<G>.

Lynda