NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alan Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 1997 23:17:44 +0000
I have a few thoughts and comments that spring from a number of mailings in
the past day or so. Please bear with me.

Firstly Martin commented on behaviour patterns and milk. I read recently in
the Sunday Times magzine (UK) an article on Allergy induced autism do take
a look at their site on http://www.demon.co.uk/charities/AIA/aia.htm  It
certainly made me think about allergies and common food stuffs.

Secondly, where should this list go? I feel that currently we are in a
spiral not a debating situation. When I first joined the list Robert Cohen
was already banned, the list held my interest not only for the recipes but
the comments from parents, like myself, who had children either allergic to
milk or as in my family's case intolerant to dairy products. I learnt, as
we all do, the problems that exist for these children and parents and
adults with LI and allergies.

In the UK I receive mail from people who have read my site and think they
are not alone. The doctors in the UK spend about half a day doing diet and
about the same with allergies, people are pleased to read about milk
allergies, LI, etc.

To me it appears that Robert is the Ralph Nader of the 90's for milk he has
a point and thanks to the American way (sorry folks) he is given air time
and through the medium of the WWW - cybertime. Good luck to him.   I don't
want to leave the list but as was pointed out to me by Don the list is
international  (take a look at the addresses). We all have a common link
Milk, but lets remember we are the minority in the world  and with only 200
plus list members a very small community of like-minded people. Let's keep
it this way.

Now that Robert has been banned lets try and bare in mind that there are
still people out there with families that are suffering because they don't
know that dairy products can and does cause them problems. Lets keep the
recipes, lets keep the thoughts of people like Robert,  Ilya, and the mums
and dad's who have children that have milk related problems and everyone
else on the list.  Milk is here and here to stay and nothing we say, do,
shout, flame or argue about will change this.

Sorry for going on so long - terrible thing soap boxes;-)

Happy New Year to one and all.
Alan
UK's only site for the Lactose Intolerant try....
http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/avenue/yd71/index.htm