IRIS Archives

Information and Referral and Internet Sightings

IRIS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Beckie Child <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:17:57 -0800
An article from the NY TImes.  You may need to register to read the article.

beckie

http://tinyurl.com/axqrq

The Ativan came from a former colleague who had traded it to her for
the Vicodin that Katherine's boyfriend had been prescribed by a
dentist. The boyfriend did not mind, but he preferred that she not
give away the Ambien she got from a doctor by exaggerating her
sleeping problems. It helps him relax after a stressful day.

"I acquire quite a few medications and then dispense them to my
friends as needed. I usually know what I'm talking about," said
Katherine, who lives in Manhattan and who, like many other people
interviewed for this article, did not want her last name used because
of concerns that her behavior could get her in trouble with her
employer, law enforcement authorities or at least her parents.

People Who experience mood swings, fear,
voices and visions: each other on the internet
www.peoplewho.org