IRIS Archives

Information and Referral and Internet Sightings

IRIS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sylvia Caras <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 18:51:32 -0800
Chapter 1:  I walk down the street.  There is a deep hole in the
sidewalk.  I fall in.  I am lost.  I am helpless.  It isn't my
fault.  It takes forever to find a way out.

Chapter 2:  I walk down the street.  There is a deep hole in the
sidewalk.  I pretend I don't see it.  I fall in again.  I can't
believe I am in the same place, but it isn't my fault.  It still
takes a long time to get out.

Chapter 3:  I walk down the street.  There is a deep hole in the
sidewalk.  I see it is there.  I still fall in.  It's a habit.  My
eyes are open.  I know where I am.  It is my fault.  I get out immediately.

Chapter 4: I walk down the same street.  There is a deep hole in the
sidewalk.  I walk around it.

Chapter 5: I walk down another street.

Portia Nelson, quoted in Failing Forward, John Maxwell, 2000.

www.peoplewho.org