IRIS Archives

Information and Referral and Internet Sightings

IRIS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sylvia Caras <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 2006 06:39:17 -0800
We are in the process of identifying leading figures in the history
of mental health, for inclusion in the historical biography
department, Voices From the Past, and would like to select people who
have a particular relevance today.

... tell us the current key issues in mental health that we should be
addressing. The subjects we have so far include: the reform of
institutional care, the mental hygiene movement and the prevention of
mental illness, adolescent mental health, and aging. Any suggestions
you can offer on other issues that should be included will be
gratefully received.

Manon S. Parry
Curator, Exhibition Program
National Library of Medicine

"People Who experience mood swings, fear, voices and visions"