IRIS Archives

Information and Referral and Internet Sightings

IRIS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sylvia Caras <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 2006 09:52:53 -0800
"We can't necessarily find out what people want by asking them
directly. We therefore need to do a lot of observation.  Simply
giving people lots and lots of choice is not necessarily the right approach."

"In subsequent studies we found that people are actually less
satisfied with the choices they make if selected from a larger set of
options," Sheena Iyengar writes. "It is not simply that thinking
leads to decisions we may later regret," Malcolm Gladwell states. "It
also appears that thinking too much can
lead to choices that by an objective standard can be called bad or wrong."

Gerry McGovern  <http://www.gerrymcgovern.com>http://www.gerrymcgovern.com

www.peoplewho.org