IRIS Archives

Information and Referral and Internet Sightings

IRIS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sylvia Caras <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 2009 10:28:32 -0700
From: Grace

(to endorse the declaration, go to http://www.healthdatarights.org/ )

A Declaration of Health Data Rights
In an era when technology allows personal health information to be
more easily stored, updated, accessed and exchanged, the following
rights should be self-evident and inalienable. We the people:

 1.. Have the right to our own health data
 2.. Have the right to know the source of each health data element
 3.. Have the right to take possession of a complete copy of our
individual health data, without delay, at minimal or no cost; if data
exist in computable form, they must be made available in that form
 4.. Have the right to share our health data with others as we see fit

These principles express basic human rights as well as essential
elements of health care that is participatory, appropriate and in the
interests of each patient. No law or policy should abridge these
rights.

www.peoplewho.org