IRIS Archives

Information and Referral and Internet Sightings

IRIS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alison Hymes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2006 19:15:51 -0400
http://www.abqtrib.com/albq/nw_science/article/0,2668,ALBQ_21236_4850057,00.html
Mind Matters: Don't rush to treat kids with medications
The profession is conflicted and consequently in flux. My personal
observation is that market forces have driven child psychiatry to focus more
on biological interventions. Case in point: the epidemic of childhood-onset
bipolar affective disorder. This condition does exist, and I have treated
it, but I believe it's overdiagnosed in thousands of kids.

"People Who experience mood swings, fear, voices and visions"