IRIS Archives

Information and Referral and Internet Sightings

IRIS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Beckie Child <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:41:23 -0700
Do you have a mobility impairment and a psychiatric impairment?

Contact Fred at [log in to unmask]

Dear Group;

I am looking for people who are mobility impaired and who have a mental
illness or psychiatric impairment. You have to be someone who would not have
a problem identifying yourself as having a psychiatric impairment. Here is
what is going on.

<snip>

The plaintiff class of this lawsuit is every person with a mobility
impairment based disability in the country. I believe that the class also
includes people who are blind and people who are deaf but the problem with
the settlement is the wheelchair accessibility in the neuropsychiatry
facility - they did agree to install Braille and raised character sign as
about the only thing they are doing in this facility.

If you are mobility impaired, especially if you use a wheelchair, and if you
have any history of mental illness that has or could one day result in a
hospital admission for a psychiatric problem please write to me off list
([log in to unmask]). I have just stopped in my tracks as I was heading
out of Florida so that I can attend the fairness hearing next week. I would
like to provide to the court affidavits of people who are part of the class,
who need accessible elements, and who have the potential to need inpatient
psychiatric services at some time in the future.

--
Sincerely yours,

Fred

People Who experience mood swings, fear,
voices and visions: each other on the internet
www.peoplewho.org