IRIS Archives

Information and Referral and Internet Sightings

IRIS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sylvia Caras <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 16:06:33 -0800
From: Liisa Hyvarinen <[log in to unmask]>

I am looking for a mental health expert who is familiar with military
laws and procedures for involuntary commitments and having security
clearances suspended due to a mental health issues. We are
investigating possible intimidation of service personnel with the
threat of these involuntary mental health evaluations.  Folks in the
military are afraid to come forward and to speak on the record due to
the fear of losing their clearance and eventually being forced out
without retirement benefits, etc. Who else in the mental health world
could they possibly go to for advice - an advocate organization who
would have expertise in how the military should deal with these issues?

www.peoplewho.org