IRIS Archives

Information and Referral and Internet Sightings

IRIS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sylvia Caras <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 26 Apr 2009 10:45:51 -0700
The influenza people at the CDC and the other international labs are
an amazing team of experts. They've been at this game for a very long
time and they work extremely hard and generally get a bad rap. It's
no wonder flu is such a political issue, the responsibility is high
and the tendency towards opaqueness is understandable. Despite all
the expertise though, at bottom you have an extremely complex virus -
much of whose behavior is unknown, especially in the case of
antigenic shift, especially when it is so young, and especially when
you don't know what nearby mutational opportunities may exist for it
in antigenic space - spreading in a vastly more complex environment
(our bodies), and with us moving and interacting in odd ways in a
complex and extremely interconnected world. It's a wonder we know as
much as we do, but in many ways we don't know much at all.

<http://www.fluidinfo.com/terry/2009/04/26/a-few-comments-on-pandemic-influenza/>http://www.fluidinfo.com/terry/2009/04/26/a-few-comments-on-pandemic-influenza/

"People Who experience mood swings, fear, voices and visions"