IRIS Archives

Information and Referral and Internet Sightings

IRIS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sylvia Caras <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 2011 10:07:25 -0800
"[D]uring the 10-year period between 1996 and 2006, we found a
substantial increase in spending for patients with depression, with
minimal improvements in quality of care. Our findings underscore the
importance of continued efforts to improve quality of care for
individuals with depression, as well as the need to understand the
efficacy and cost-effectiveness of using antipsychotics for the
treatment of individuals with depression in the general community."

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/238788.php