IRIS Archives

Information and Referral and Internet Sightings

IRIS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sylvia Caras <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 26 Aug 2006 08:28:01 -0700
"The exposure culture reflects the philosophy of the Web, in which
getting noticed is everything.  Web authors link to each other, quote
liberally ...  E-mailing links to favorite articles and jokes has
become ... part of American ... culture.  The big sin in exposure
culture is not copying, but instead, failure to properly attribute authorship."

         Tim Wu, Columbia, quoted by Chris Anderson in The Long Tail,
p 74 (no direct citation).

(This caught my eye because, though Ruth Ralph notes that "Cohan and
Caras (1998) introduced the word transformation as a substitute for
the word recovery," SAMHSA doesn't cite our work in the consensus
statement on recovery.  Sylvia )
http://www.nasmhpd.org/general_files/publications/ntac_pubs/reports/ralphrecovweb.pdf

http://www.mentalhealth.samhsa.gov/publications/allpubs/sma05-4129/