IRIS Archives

Information and Referral and Internet Sightings

IRIS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sylvia Caras <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2007 08:21:47 -0700
The ACE Study reveals a powerful relationship between our emotional
experiences as children and our physical and mental health as adults,
as well as the major causes of adult mortality in the United States.
It documents the conversion of traumatic emotional experiences in
childhood into organic disease later in life. How does this happen,
this reverse alchemy, turning the gold of a newborn infant into the
lead of a depressed, diseased adult? The Study makes it clear that
time does not heal some of the adverse experiences we found so common
in the childhoods of a large population of middle-aged, middle class
Americans. One does not 'just get over' some things, not even fifty
years later(3)."(4)

http://www.acestudy.org/

www.peoplewho.org