IRIS Archives

Information and Referral and Internet Sightings

IRIS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sylvia Caras <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2006 12:23:02 -0700
What I want from an organization of People Who is

consciousness
communication
kinship

that the members be conscious, conscious of their impact on others,
and conscious, self-aware of the impact of others on them -
electronically, that would mean knowing if you are triggered and
holding back on posting, rereading what you are typing before you
send to see how another might perceive it, restraint and respect

that we learn how to hear, and how to be heard, that we translate
public language into our terms and our jargon into public language -
this would lead to transparency and clarity

and to find the commonalities with other people and other groups and
have a sense of community just as I experience at in-person meetings
- disaggreing with some and feeling akin to many in our common
madness experiences

Sylvia

www.peoplewho.org