IRIS Archives

Information and Referral and Internet Sightings

IRIS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sylvia Caras <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 09:18:08 -0800
"We need to impress on all of contemporary society that the notion of
the human must be in the forefront of our concerns," Godzich said.
"But this notion of the human is not one we can continue to derive
from traditional sources of humanism--we are entering an age where
human beings will be manufacturing human beings and we need to think
very hard about who we are and who we want ourselves to be. The role
of the humanities in this new age is to provide answers and, also,
find the questions to address the future of humanity, our identity,
our ethics, the use of new technologies, and the role of culture and
diversity in new societies."   Wlad Godzich

http://www.ucsc.edu/currents/00-01/07-31/godzich.dean.html