IRIS Archives

Information and Referral and Internet Sightings

IRIS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sylvia Caras <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 25 Dec 2011 13:35:38 -0800
The Fatigue Severity Scale can be used to monitor change in fatigue
over time or in response to
therapeutic interventions. Patients are asked to respond to each
statement on a scale of 1 to 7, with 1 indicating "Strongly Disagree"
and 7 indicating "Strongly Agree."

Statements:

1. My motivation is lower when I am fatigued.
2. Exercise brings on my fatigue.
3. I am easily fatigued.
4. Fatigue interferes with my physical functioning.
5. Fatigue causes frequent problems for me.
6. My fatigue prevents sustained physical functioning.
7. Fatigue interferes with carrying out certain duties and responsibilities.
8. Fatigue is among my three most disabling symptoms.
9. Fatigue interferes with my work, family or social life.

10. Score = Sum of responses divided by 9. Higher score indicates
higher fatigue levels.
This scale is reprinted with permission.