IRIS Archives

Information and Referral and Internet Sightings

IRIS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sylvia Caras <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2006 07:15:44 -0700
At it's annual meeting, NMHA www.nmha.org awarded me the Clifford Beers Award.
I put the core of the application and a draft of my acceptance
remarks online here http://www.peoplewho.org/beers/

The program reads:

"Legendary mental health advocate Sylvia Caras, PhD, is this year's winner of
NMHA's most prestigious award for her work to improve the rights of
mental health consumers through outspoken advocacy and by sharing her
own experiences. Her pioneering efforts as the founder of People Who has
spread the meaning of "nothing about us without us" across the
the movement, and have empowered mental health consumers
nationally and internationally."

NMHA press release: http://nmha.org/newsroom/system/news.vw.cfm?do=vw&rid=847

NMHA has a video of the whole conference and I've asked for a clip of
the award ceremony but haven't yet received it.  I'll post a link
when/if I get one.

Sylvia

http://sylviaisseventy.blogspot.com/

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6136/909/1600/flowersfromjudy.jpg