IRIS Archives

Information and Referral and Internet Sightings

IRIS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sylvia Caras <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2009 08:25:27 -0800
"'Psychology', by making the foundational assumption of the mutual
exclusivity of the dynamics of inhabitant and habitat, identifies the
social problem as residing within our internal mental processes.
This, in turn, would have us seek to re-program the defective
internal mental programs and ignore the conjugate role of the
environment. This belief in the non-participation of the environment,
which leads in turn to the investing of all our social transformation
efforts into deliberate, constructivist shaping of 'how individuals
behave' and 'how they interact' (rather than cultivating and
sustaining nurturance in our 'common living space' [environment]),
renders the environment for us, cold, empty and non-nurturing as a
kind of self-fulfilling prophecy. This 'manufacturing'
(Creationist-Parenting) approach to bringing about the 'healthy
social dynamic' we all desire, then makes us precariously dependent
on 'who we know or relate best to' and 'who we want to cooperate
with', setting up an interpersonal cronyism network whose functioning
is based on common belief in a particular (linear-causal) theory and
an associated deliberate, constructivist 'we can make it happen'
implementation. "

http://tinyurl.com/bncnbc

(I found this article long and dense, and the argument interesting.  Sylvia)