IRIS Archives

Information and Referral and Internet Sightings

IRIS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sylvia Caras <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2006 06:59:22 -0800
Access to Knowledge Initiative (A2K)

History shows that revolutions come with a price tag and the
"information revolution" through which we are living is no exception.
We are only now beginning to understand the economic and humanitarian
tolls along the information superhighway and how much the evolution
into a worldwide information economy is really costing humanity on a
global scale. Environmentalism was a belated response to the
industrial revolution. The ISP Access to Knowledge (A2K) Initiative
aims to build an intellectual framework that will protect access to
knowledge both as a the basis for sustainable human development and
to safeguard human rights.

http://research.yale.edu/isp/

www.peoplewho.org