IRIS Archives

Information and Referral and Internet Sightings

IRIS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sylvia Caras <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2016 09:22:38 -0700
"Some folks are very relieved when they get a diagnosis. It empowers
them: "Finally I have an answer to the why of my behavior." For me,
it was disrupting. I didn't want to be part of the stigma of mental
illness. For me to get well, I had to decide that I'm not ill.

My diagnosis (bipolar) was keeping me in a box. I never accepted it.
It never felt like me. I'm Amanda."

http://digital.olivesoftware.com/Olive/ODN/SacBee/shared/ShowArticle.aspx?doc=MSB%2F2016%2F04%2F26&entity=Ar02602&sk=4A0D5C3C

www.peoplewho.org