IRIS Archives

Information and Referral and Internet Sightings

IRIS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sylvia Caras <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2007 17:52:10 -0800
"Informational privacy is also a matter of construction of one`s
informational identity.  The right to be let alone is also the right
to be allowed to experiment with one`s own life, to start again,
without having records that mummify one`s personal identity forever,
taking away from the individual the power to mould it.  Everyday, a
person may wish to build a different, possibly better, "I".  We never
stop becoming ourselves, so protecting a person`s informational
privacy also means allowing that person the freedom to change."

Luciano Floridi, Informational Privacy and Its Ontological
Interpretation, SIGCAS Computers and Society, 36;3, September 2006, p 40

"People Who experience mood swings, fear, voices and visions"