INTERLNG Archives

Discussiones in Interlingua

INTERLNG@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Paul Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jun 2013 21:03:53 -0400
On Sat, 22 Jun 2013 20:36:27 -0400, Mulaik, Stanley A
<[log in to unmask]> wrote (excerpt):

> There is also a new discussion of how to use the
> prototype methodology of Interlingua to establish forms of grammatical
> particles using 5 romance languages, which solves a problem that was
> never solved using this methodology by the founders of Interlingua.

However, please be aware that some of these proposed particles are not
universally accepted and not in universal use by Interlinguaists. There is
the opinion (which I myself espouse) that when it comes to basic function
words, it is better NOT to try to overturn a half century of usage. I
claim that actual historical usage is better than theoretical purity.

--
Paul Bartlett