GSTALT-L Archives

An ICORS List

GSTALT-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Philip Brownell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
An ICORS List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 2021 14:08:06 -0600
I look at the news. Anger. Sadness. Lament. Woe. And back again. Anger. I served during the Vietnam war. It was difficult to be in the military when it seemed the country, our country (the USA), had moved far from supporting the war and our service personnel. In Afghanistan our country supported going after the terrorists who killed our thousands in the attacks of 9-11, and the Taliban who supported them. But then, how to exit? And ours was not the only county involved; it was a partnership of nations. And our government, and others, under different administrations, struggled with that. Afghanistan was never OUR country, but it became our responsibility. And now? Thousands of Afghani people helped us. What of them? Is this the terrible retreat from Saigon all over again? I am angry that it is so botched. What a failure. It is beyond incompetence. It is negligence. We have smart people. How come this has become such a bone-headed, stupidly tragic process? To me it is one more ludicrous, illogical, counterproductive, and self-defeating incident on a map dotted by the pinholes of idiocy showing up on the horizon of current events. Will there be no accountability?
Gstalt-L is an independent eCommunity of people interested in gestalt therapy theory and its various applications. Its public archives can be found at http://listserv.icors.org/scripts/wa-ICORS.exe?A0=GSTALT-L, and subscriptions can be managed by clicking on "Subscriber's Corner," which is found at the archives.