GSTALT-L Archives

An ICORS List

GSTALT-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Bloom <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
An ICORS List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 2024 15:34:40 -0500
Sure. MAGA people don’t wear red hats or walk in lock-step with their creator.  That’s a media creation of the left.  Congress is not in a deadlock on immigration and foreign aid because MAGA’s leader issued a command.  My mistake.  I guess I ought to stop reading stuff printed by my echo chamber.  LOL.

Values? I refer to the Enlightenment values of reason and discourse.  I refer to republicanism and democracy.  I refer to acceptance of the plurality of differences.  I refer to what Martin Luther King referred to as the arc of justice.

What is going on now is a tragedy — because it is destroying those values.   The values we hold in common.

 I ‘ve read plenty of SCOTUS opinions written by conservatives and appreciated them because of they made good law even though their conclusions clashed with my sense of how things out to be.  I and those justices who wrote those   decisions shared common values.

It is different now.  Now reminds me of pre-Civil War America.

The church?  The world can’t understand it? It is a political behemoth wearing a coat of many colors. it is not A church, but the name of  political power in the name of god.  The church used such political power for hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of years.  May I suggest the 30 Years War? The Counter Reformation?  May I suggest the battle between the church and the princes in the late Middle Ages?  And the conquest of Christian Europe by Islam?  These examples are just off the top of my head.

What’s to understand?   :)

Dan