GSTALT-L Archives

An ICORS List

GSTALT-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Philip Brownell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
An ICORS List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2023 13:45:31 -0700
Hi John,
Yes.  Pace.  I find that while there are many possible things to do, and some are exciting to think about, there are not many projects I’m willing to do. Time is waning. I have planted the trees that will grow up around a small pasture so that there will be a meadow.  We will install the last sprinkler system in the spring so that I don’t have to drag a lot of hose to keep them watered in the hot summer.  I have benches in a meditation post that overlooks the meadow.  I have two writing projects I want to complete in the next few years, but it takes “down time” in which I stop, sit, gaze, and listen for what some know as “the still small voice” of God. It takes sitting among the trees. Being quiet. NOT doing.

We belong to a young church. These are thirty somethings with young children.  They are trying so hard to get everything right. Do church right. Have the right lifestyle.  And they push off of the previous generation(s), and largely that is my generation.  A lot of energy with a little bit of wisdom. And guessing at what makes for peace. Which has to do with pacing.

I’m thankful you’ve been here, John.  We don’t agree on a lot, but still here we are, and here we have been.  Upper body, lower body. May you have many days of pacing.

Phil