GSTALT-L Archives

An ICORS List

GSTALT-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Philip Brownell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
An ICORS List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2023 13:19:13 -0600
Dan,
How do you imagine that the divide will be healed if people are not willing to engage? You said we have two different horizons (all that is held possible in a given world), and I think that is a good way, a phenomenological way, and a gestalt way of depicting the situation, a situation that is not just comprised of one world. One perspective. It seems to me that people have to be willing to try on the perspective of the other. Consider the data inherent to the other perspective.

You said you see no equivalence between Durham’s findings and Mueller’s.  You need to read the Durham report. Durham does not push back on Mueller; he praises his work.  And the two special counsels investigated two different things; so, I agree that they are not equal. But that is not the point. The point is that the FBI operated with a political bias and that bias was part of a resistance to a sitting and legally elected president.  Why this is not alarming to an entire political party, the one that used to champion free speech and felt victimized by the crew working for President Nixon, I cannot fathom.  How people on the left can whine about the threat to democracy in Trump but turn a blind eye to the actual subversion of democracy on an institutional level in the FBI blows my mind. Watergate was about the dirty tricks of a sitting president, but Durham shows that the dirty tricks of a political rival (Clinton) were magnified and utilized by an entire institution of our government, and one that has to be trusted to keep the blinders on the department of justice so that there is a level playing field and that people from diverse values and perspectives are treated fairly, evenly. To me it is a tragic irony that the party that is currently enamored of equity, has been so unjust.

Phil