GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ngai Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 17:02:19 -0500
Bro,
You wrote:
> 1. The undercover nature of the PPP taking over the UDP will be a big turn
> off for most Gambians. And to especially the UDP who were the leading
> opposition party.
Lets say for the sake of arguement that the above statement is true even
though I am not sure what you mean by the undercover nature of PPP..
Are you insinuating here that former supporters of UDP will vote for APRC
just because they have a coalition with PPP? I hope not!! If I am a UDP
supporter and I believe in my party, then I would think that my party made a
good decision in forming a coalition with the PPP...If I do not like the
PPP, then I may decide to perhaps look for another oppostion party because
my sole aim is to get rid of the corrupt moron. Therefore the vote still
goes against Jammeh..
How about the members of the former PPP who abstained from voting because
all they wanted was the PPP----guess who they'll be voting for this time
around...You damn right.

>President Jammeh have become a better politician than he was some years
> ago, and this will also drive in his favor.

He may be a better politician, liar, thief or murderer call it what you may
but you better believe that the Gambian people are also aware of his dubious
activities as the years went by. The atrocities commited by Jammeh are very
fresh in our peoples' minds---the april 10/11 killings, the illegal arrest
and detention of innocent people and so on....Come October he will be
removed from Office and sent to hiding in Morrocco with his former call girl
wife......

MAy god rid us of the moron and his cohorts.
Ngai.