GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 13:37:33 -0400
Again Mr. Camara, thanks for your response. I understand that you are a busy
person indeed and I accept your explanation for why you misstated the
sequence of events. But I have to disagree with you that the sequence of
events YOU narrated in your earlier post is irrelevant to the discourse.
That narration had a prominent place in your piece. Besides, the sequence of
events also determine whether Assan was treated fairly and whether your
rules were followed to the letter. I reiterate that if your rules were
applied fairly, Jaiteh will wait until Kebba Jobe complains in order to send
Assan a PRIVATE mail asking Assan to state his case. According to your rules
also, if there is an impasse, the List Managers have to vote before someone
is summarily expelled from the List. These rules you sent us were violated
by your own Jaiteh when he picked on Assan on G_L BEFORE sending him a
private. I hope you see my point. See now why Hamjatta will call certain
managers Ayotollah (dictator)? All we ask is for the rules to be applied
fairly to everyone. Not one rule for APRC supporters and another rule for
people that attack APRC supporters. That’s all.

As far as Kebba Jobe is concerned, you (List Managers) do not have a thing
to worry about. I am a big boy and I can take care of myself. You will not
have to arbitrate between me and Jobe on the basis of a complaint
originating from me. Just kick back and watch where I will end up with Jobe.
By the time I am done with him and his type, they will swallow all their
gibberish they seek to peddle on G_L.

Thanks again for your contributions.
KB