GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gambia Talk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2005 10:39:49 -0400
Kabir:

Clearly, both of us have good intentions for the posterity of Gambia-L, so
I really do not want to debate this issue any more than is absolutely
necessary. We've made our intentions clear to all subscribers, at the end
of the day, Gambia-L management and subscribers especially, should be the
parties to decide which direction to go and I will be 100% behind such a
decision. The posterity of the information contained herein on this list,
is far more important and as such, where that information should reside
must not be a drive-by decision. If any part of the wisdom contained
herein is lost or destroyed such that those coming after us will not have
access to it, the responsibility for any consequences belies us all.

Now, as far as individual email distribution of Gambia-L messages, this is
absolutely no problem. You've been subscribed to GambiaTalk before the
migration and except for a couple of mix-ups you had with your multiple
personal email addresses, I knew of no issues affecting you personally.

I had to migrate the GambiaTalk list to the STGDP site sunugambia.com
because I gave my word to do so from the unset. And, I made this clear to
all subscribers of GambiaTalk. That list is since managed by the
sunugambia.com administrator, not me.

I agree with you that some find it more convenient to receive messages
from the list directly into their in-box and many have shared their view
on this with me. As mentioned above, I do not have control of the
sunugambia forums (note that this is different from a mailing list). The
intention at sunugambia is to have a forum/board instead of a mailing
list. And as far as I know, the STGDP executive is making great use of
that set-up to discuss STGDP matters in a very efficient manner. It is the
general forum/board that has been lacking in discussions. Now, others will
tell you that they do not want to clog their mail boxes with unwanted
messages; so they prefer reading what they want to read off the
forum/board and spare the space in their personal email boxes.

So, Kabir, there are advantages and disadvantages in both settings, but
that is not want I wanted to discuss here.

"I had requested clarification on the issue from Bamba Laye
> but none was forthcoming at the time."

After reading your message, I could not immediately remember getting a
message from you - Kabir - regarding the set-up of the forum/board at
sunugambia.com. I went back to my emails and went through all personal
correspondence from you, I still could not find that particular message
you alluded to here. Please help remind me of when you sent that query to
me. And, note that I have never talked to you on the phone either.
So, please help me remember.

Best regards to you.

-BambaLaye