GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousman Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 14:52:26 EDT
Saul,
You do not have to be an investigative reporter
to figure the triviality of Yankuba's citizenship.
His father was denied a voters registration card
in central badibu.This episode [denying him]
pissed yaya so much that during one of his
passing-by tours [since he hates staging rallies in badibu]
castigate the people of badibu for clinging to the fact that
this guy [yankuba's dad] is non-Gambian and is therefore
not entitled to a voter's card.
Awa faal [sister to Amina faal-sonko] was prosecuted
for writing a piece questioning the nationality of the trio
[yaya,edward and yankuba].The piece was titled 'janfa of the century'.
I haven't read the piece, but its my understanding that she
was later reprimanded with a fine of D1000. May be somebody on
the L may be privy to this document...especially Ebrima's sources.