GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
SUNTOU TOURAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Dec 2007 06:10:49 +0000
thanks abdoukarim, find some history of kombo sillah at this link thanks to gainde.
  http://www.onegambia.com/orahist.php

  i will try my best to find some historical details .my wife has a direct connection to kombo sillah ,infact her father is name after one of kombo sillah warrior fighter.

ABDOUKARIM SANNEH <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Just check Suntou's blog what a great effort. Suntou,can you please research about Komo Sillah, my family is part is that historical linkage.. Some years ago some member went to Senegal to linked that historical connection. Foday Sillah's family is spread within Kombo and me and Kutubo Manneh, micro-biologist are part of that family. Some of my people when to see the old man grave in Senegal and is all about colonial history and resistant against western domination.

SUNTOU TOURAY wrote: Thanks Haruna ,that is very encouraging.

Haruna Darbo wrote: Brother Suntou,

I had an opportunity to view your blog and I think its coming along nicely.
When I come across any ideas, I will share them with you as I keep bugging
Ousman for ideas. He and I have a great secret. We'll share it with you once you
get a handle on blogger. You may find wordpress.com a more valuable tool for
blogs. I like it more and I think Ousman does too. You have ability to
create pages and better organisation of stuff.

Blog-on Compadre. Haruna.