GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sidi Sanneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 11:32:05 -0400
including The Gambia, Europe, America and Asia have been received and
application forms despatched.  I hope that it will reach you in time to
beat the deadline of 25th July 2000.  Good luck to this year's applicants.

According to my records, 3 (three) Gambians have already benefited from the
programme since the inception of the programme 5 years ago making Gambia
the biggest single beneficiary. Not bad when you are competing with the
Nigerias, Ghanas etc. As far as I am aware, two of the three have
successfully completed their Masters and have since returned home.  One is
a medical demographer presently employed at the MRC. I have lost track of
the other.

On the rec
ruitment drive, the last vacancy notice I posted on the L netted
The Gambia one post (Financial Analyst) bringing the total of Gambians at
the ADB to eleven, ten professionals and one general staff. Gambians
constitute one per cent of total Bank staff, while our stockholding
represent only 0.133 per cent of total stock.

Sidi Sanneh