GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ngai Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 12:01:12 -0500
Dampha & Lers
I was 'delisted' few months ago and needless to say, I was not made aware of
it. I wrote to Mr Camara on several occasions to no avail..It was at this
point that I sent a message to Hamjatta and yourself I believe, to find out
for me what happened..When Hamjatta posted the message  to the L, Mr Camara
quickly pointed out that I could've contacted the management myself.. Hello
!!! pure hypocrisy!! He went ahead and sent me a private email and accused
me of being George Sarr and yet denied that I was delisted. He told me to
make postings using my name '(George Sarr)' instead of Ngai Jobe and that
was the last I heard from him..Conclusion: Because I was under a 'pen name'
I was delisted--double standards!! I hope you get the drift..Bear in mind
that all this time he reiterated that I was not delisted.

I wrote to Mr Jaiteh, who said he searched the database and my name was not
found meaning I must have been somehow removed from the list. I made several
requests to get back on the L but failed..A memeber of the L with 'true
identity' requested for my resubscription....I do not see the logic!!
The 'new rules' say that new subscribers will have to get someone with a
true identity to request for their subscription..Ok, my question, what
criteria will be used to  determine who has true identity and who hasn't?
Can I safely assume that if you know no one in the L with 'true identity'
then you're doomed....If the L is for all Gambians and non-gambians alike,
then I say this is so unfair to would-be subscribers.

It will be an understatement to say that Yus contributed immensely in
keeping the L lively..Tombong on the other hand has done nothing but peddle
garbage and nonesense here..I am almost 100% confident that no one on this L
has ever benefitted from any material sent here by this man. He has been
posed so many questions all of which were dodged..Needless to say, he was
just a distractor and bearer of garbage. For him to point out that Yus has
to be delisted and Voila is way out of line.As for FJC, go ahead and do a
search on the database for postings from her and tell me how many returns
you come up with.The point I am trying to make is that Yus is a valuable
asset and I don't think that we can afford to lose him(atleast the
opposition camp)..This does not in anyway mean that he can drive insults
here as he wish.Yus has been one of the few who always apologised when he
erred..Of course mistakes can be allowed but not everytime!!At this juncture
I am kindly asking the Management to re-evaluate his 'delisting' and perhaps
serve him with a severe warning!!!

C'mon guys this is a free forum and as such we have to have certain
endurance and perseverance and avoid jumping into conclusions. Let us avoid
the double standards.Let's make the L what it used to be few years ago..Let
us agree to disagree. Let us be fair to one another.And more importantly,
let's make our own decisions and avoid being dictated!!!!

Thank you all and god bless.
Ngai Jobe.