GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ansumana Kujabi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 08:15:43 -0000
"JOBE"

With all due respect, I think you should call it quits, in order to save
your self from further embarassment. I think you made a serious mistake to
have indulged your self in this intellectual discourse without preparing
your self thoroughly, though you sounded brilliant in the beginning. You
can't challenge excellent debaters like KB, HAMJATTA(the hammer), EBRIMA
CEESAY, EBOU COLLY, SAUL KHAN and many other bright contributors in this
forum. Each of these folks is always ready and well prepared to debate
anybody, any where. As brother HAMJATTA put best, your contribution is
getting stupider and sillier with the stroke of every letter on your
keyboard. The principal reason for this is that since in the inception, you
have been BOXING from the TINNIEST RING created for you by your boss; and
consequently, you lack the stamina and impetus to jab your opponents
effectively. And also the tinniest nature of the Ring does not allow you to
retreat back few steps in order to escape counter-jabs. To put it plainly,
"JOBE", your contributions to the discourse have suffered from DIMINISHING
MARGINAL SENSIBILITY, with every piece you NOW produce, your ability to
inject sense in it shrinks proportionally.

To state it plainly, you have been hammered, jabbed and pinned down at an
"INTELLECTUAL DISCOURSE RED CORNER", and the referee's count down has found
you unconscious; now there is nothing left but for you to accept defeat and
surrender. With all the crucial questions Ebrima asked you, you could not
still refute any of them effectively, instead you meander around the edges
of the discourse. At this point of the debate, your debate becomes a
MELANCHOLIA, a debate full of great depression of spirits and excessive
brooding without apparent or sufficient cause to continue. To that end, MR.
"JOBE", I opine that you should call it quits.

Ansumana.