GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebrima ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 07:56:03 PDT
Gambia-L:

The e-mail below came from one of my sources in the Gambai!

Ebrima Ceesay

Hello Ebrima,

Following the Independent Electoral Commission's uncompromising
stance regarding the election dates, Yahya Jammeh is about to replace
Bishop Tilewa Johnson, who is the Commision's chairman, with none other than
Sulayman Masanneh Ceesay (Fatou Jahumpa's husband).

By the way, Masaneh too, like Tamsir Jallow, no longer believes in the very
APRC Government he works for despite the ramblings of Fatoumatta Jahumpa
(the case of the two Fatous). If he (Masanneh Ceesay) has the opportunity to
leave the country, he will. This I know. I really feel sorry for some of
these people.

Thanks!