GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Madiba Saidy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:38:32 -0800
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:32:44 -0800 (PST)
From: Madiba Saidy <[log in to unmask]>
To: saidy <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: THE TENETS OF ISLAM (re-post #5)

      In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.

 THE DAY OF RESURRECTION AND JUDGEMENT

 All praise is for Allah, the Lord and Cherisher of the universe. May His
 peace and blessings be upon Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), his household,
 companions and followers of right guidance till the Day of Judgment.
 Allah, the Exalted, says: " I do call to witness the Resurrection Day; And
 I do call to witness the self-reproaching person (believer). Does man
 think that We cannot assemble his bones? Nay We are able to put together
 in perfect order the very tips of his fingers. But man wishes to do wrong
 (even) in the time in front of him. He questions: "When is the Day of
 Resurrection?" At length when the sight is dazed. And the moon is buried
 in darkness. And the sun and moon are joined together. That Day will man
 say, "Where is the refuge?" By no means! No place of safety!". Suratul
 Qiyamah (Resurrection) Q75:1-11.

 The day of Resurrection and Judgement is very important otherwise faith in
 Allah and righteous deeds will be meaningless. Similarly, without it, all
 the disbelievers, tyrants, oppressors and wicked persons of this world
 will go Scot free, may God forbid bad thing. Many religions/ideologies of
 the world have different beliefs and understanding about it. In Islam, the
 belief in the Day of Resurrection/Judgement is one of the articles of
 faith that every Muslim must believe. Death is certain, and nobody can
 escape the Judgement of Allah, the Exalted, if he/she cannot escape death.

 Islam teaches that every person will know whether he/she is a companion of
 Paradise or Hell-Fire at death, that there is punishment and reward in
 grave and that every dead person from the time of Adam (PBUH) will remain
 in their graves or wherever they are placed after their death waiting till
 the Day of Resurrection.  All people will be resurrected at the same time
 for judgement.

 Allah says: "There is no moving creature on earth but its sustenance
 depends on Allah: He knows the time and place of its temporary deposit:
 all is in a clear Record".Q11:6

 Allah's Apostle (PBUH) said, "When anyone of you dies, he is shown his
 place both in the morning and in the evening. If he is one of the people
 of Paradise; he is shown his place in it, and if he is from the people of
 the Hell-Fire; he is shown his place there in. Then it is said to him,
 'This is your place till Allah resurrect you on the Day of Resurrection.'
 "  (Bukhari 2.461)

 Aisha said that a Jewess came to her and mentioned the punishment in the
 grave, saying to her, "May Allah protect you from the punishment of the
 grave." 'Aisha then asked Allah's Apostle about the punishment of the
 grave. He said, "Yes, there is punishment in the grave." 'Aisha added,
 "After that I never saw Allah's Apostle but seeking refuge with Allah from
 the punishment in the grave in every prayer he prayed." (Bukhari Hadith
 2.454)

 The Holy Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was reported to have said that the dead
 body of prophets, pious people and martyrs would not decay in the grave
 and that there is enjoyment in the grave just as there is punishment in
 it.

 In the Holy Qur'an, the Day of Resurrection/Judgement is referred to as
 the Day of Gathering (Q64.9), the True Day (Q78:39), the Day of Justice
 (Q21:47), the Day of Decision (Q77:38), the Day of Sorting out (Q77:13-4)
 and the Day of Grief and Regrets (Q19:39).  Before the Resurrection Day,
 everything on earth will be destroyed (Q20;105-7) and the heaven and earth
 will be re-created (Q14:48). The Prophet said, "Between the two blowing of
 the trumpet there will be forty." The people said, "O Abu Huraira! Forty
 days?" I refused to reply. They said, "Forty years?" I refused to reply
 and added: Everything of the human body will decay except the coccyx bone
 and from that bone Allah will reconstruct the whole body. (Bukhari 6.338)

 On the Day of Resurrection, Allah will be the Judge (Q1:4), every person
 will be confronted with the good and evil he has done (Q3:30), man will
 flee from his father, mother, wife, brothers, sisters and children because
 every person will have enough to make him careless of others (Q80:34-7),
 and there will be settlement of wrong doings. On this Allah's Apostle
 (PBUH) said, "Whoever has oppressed another person concerning his
 reputation or anything else, he should beg him to forgive him before the
 Day of Resurrection when there will be no money (to compensate for wrong
 deeds), but if he has good deeds, those good deeds will be taken from him
 according to his oppression which he has done, and if he has no good
 deeds, the sins of the oppressed person will be loaded on him." (Bukhari
 3.629).

 Allah, the Exalted, seriously warns mankind in the Holy Qur'an about the
 sufferings and punishments of the companions of Hell-Fire. He also informs
 mankind of the rewards and enjoyment in Paradise. "That is the True Day.
 Therefore, whoever will let him take a (straight) return to his Lord!
 Verily We have warned you of a Penalty near, the Day when man will see
 (the Deeds) which his hands have sent forth and the Unbeliever will say
 "Woe unto me! Would that I were (mere) dust!" " Q78:39-40.

 Therefore, those who lay claim to faith but their deeds are contrary
 should change for better before it is too late. The Holy Prophet Muhammad
 (PBUH) said that faith is the truth that is established in the heart and
 all deeds conform to the faith. May Allah safe us from the punishment of
 the grave and the Hell- Fire.

 Peace be on you.