GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
panderry mbai <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2006 13:15:47 +0100
                                  Be professionals-Opinion piece from Christ George
  BY CHRIST GEORGE

  Reading your stories, I sometimes feel like vomiting. I mean no offence to you, but you people are the least professional in your work as journalists. You people are completing working outside the four corners of the profession and I would advise you make an IMMEDIATE U-TURN in the interest of our noble profession.

  Journalists according to our cardinal rules are suppose to be professional, impartial and accurate in their reporting. However, this has not been the case in your medium. As journalists, you people are not supposed to be antagonistic. All what was expected of you is to educate and entertain your readership especially Gambians.
I wonder sometimes whether you people ever ask yourselves after writing your stories on what your readers would benefit from such lies and garbage news items.

  Don't get me wrong, am not a supporter of Jammeh, but am 100 per cent sure that most of your stories are all geared towards tarnishing his image. You published certain allegations and libellious stories which am 100 per cent sure you cannot substantiate.I know that you are working inline with your editorial polcy, yet I dare say that such an editorial policy must be confined within the ethics of the profession.

  Pa Nderry, are you telling me that you have forgotten all the lectures you and me and many Gambian journalists received from veteran journalists like DA Jawo, Martin Mulligan, the visiting American professor at the Kairaba Hotel, Swaebou Conateh and your own mentor, the Late Deyda Hydara.Excuse me, am just expressing my opinion and freedom of expression which we all claim to be advocating for.
Chi Jaama

Posted on Sunday, April 16, 2006 (Archive on Wednesday, April 26, 2006)
Posted by PANDERRYMBAI  Contributed by PANDERRYMBAI
    Return
        Rating:           [input] 1   [input] 2   [input] 3   [input] 4   [input] 5    Comments:      Save
          Current Rating:  3.00                        Rating:   3    Christ George, i think u should always be remindin him of the ethics of being a professional journalist.those who praise u now will never stand up for

      Copyright 2006 (c) Freedom Newspaper, LLC.   :  Powered By PointClick  :  Terms Of Use  :  Privacy Statement [input]   [input]   [input]