GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Saihou Mballow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 21:00:58 EDT
Dampha,
       You have the right to write what you wrote.Never apologize to anyone
for exercising your constitutional rights.Foday Makalo is a Gambian whether
a supporter of the APRC,PDOIS,NRP or UDP hence,he a citizen of our
country,you should care.
If Ebrima Tabora Manneh feels that his father in innocent,let him tell his
dad to call a press briefing and dispel/clarify the rumors from what is
alleged by Alhagie Kanteh.Also Ebrima should know if his dad was not
associated with this dirty regime,nobody would have mentioned his name on
this forum.
I am particularly gratified with your postings which stresses the defense of
human rights and rule of law as the only sure basis for genuine and lasting
national and international cooperation.This idea is very important to ever
peace loving Gambian.I am also convinced that international trust and
understanding are inconceivable without an open society and freedom of
speech and freedom of information.
Dampha,we have to be vigilant and unbending,not just satisfied with
denouncing but also with inflicting censure so that public moral could be
safeguarded.
Gambia today,Jammeh and his associates are heavily engaged in
corruption,misappriation of public funds,embezzlement and greed have reached
the peak.It can even be said that they institutionalized.Never has the
country been robbed so much and people exploited so much.
If anyone feels that you are just talking for talking sake,he or she is
fouling him/herself.All those involved in dubious activities,killings and
terrorizing innocent Gambians will one day regret doing it.
You and Saul are doing a good job therefore,do not allow anyone to intidate
you.
Saihou.