GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 10:19:21 EST
You know, his tirades about forgiveness, and that cheap threat about the NIA
getting Ebrima's sources soon  were dead giveaways.

I think the only thing we need to hear from Yaya are confessions to the long
list of crimes he has committed against us, and where he is hiding the loot
he has embezelled from the Gambian people and nothing else.He knows he can do
it now, or he will do it sooner or later, so me thinks this is desperation.

 My guess is that any so called debate with him will be nothing more than
justifications for his many atrocities, and there is no way that he can
possibly justify these to any sane person. Besides, with the kind of logic
and confused merry go round he has displayed in his speeches, I don't think
we will be able to follow his debate as we will probably not be able to make
heads or tails of them. A good example to show that you cannot ever  make
truth out of lies.

It will be just  another series of exchanges like we have seen with the Essa
Bokarr Sey's and his other cronies who are forever trying to tell us that the
man has good reasons for killing and maiming Gambians and for looting our
national coffers and using his office as a stepping stone to build personal
wealth at the expense of the Gambian people.They will also swear to you that
he is a nice guy. Perhaps some people do not understand the definition of
nice.

How in heavens name can anyone possibly hope to debate about justifying these
crimes? However, it is only a person with a limited intelligence that will
actually engage in such atrocities and then actually believe that they can
get away with it, or be forgiven for them. I imagine it is this same limited
intelligence that leads him to believe that he can convinve anyone  that his
crimes are justifiable.

Also, why would the head honcho himself who sees himself as invincible and
capable of geting away with anything want to debate such lowly folks as us? I
thought he would just keep on compiling his black list of Gambians who stand
for the truth and justice, and the very act tells us clearly which camp he
belongs in? Could it be that he is finally getting the revelation that he is
not invincible after all, and that the walls are fast closing in on him?
Hmmm. Let Yaya face the truth, he had a golden chance and blew it. The power
went to his head and he plump forgot all the promises he made and all the
reasons he gave for staging a coup. How vehemently some of us supported him
in the bedining, but he blew it. He iw well aware that today is as different
from those first days of his government as night is from day, and certainly a
far cry from the story someone told me about the first time after the coup
that he attended Jumu'ah prayers, and the people stood and cheered. I bet he
is afraid to go t oJumu'ah prayers these days.
Enough of the attempt to pull the wool over our eyes. To borrow a line from
an old Helen Reddy song, we know too much to sit back and pretend.

Jabou Joh