GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 03:13:10 EDT
        From :  Yero Jallow <[log in to unmask]>  Reply-To :
[log in to unmask]  Sent :  Wednesday, June 20, 2007 5:42 PM  To :  [log in to unmask]
Subject :  Re: [>-<] Dr. Saine pulling on many legs/Magistrate  Darboe
(javascript:S('getmsg','','','','','35251EF5-92CC-4A5C-8334-75310837632D','',''
,'prev',''))  |
(javascript:S('getmsg','','','','','35251EF5-92CC-4A5C-8334-75310837632D','','','next',''))  |
(http://by114fd.bay114.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg?msg=35251EF5-92CC-4A5C-8334-75310837632D&start=0&len=12406&msgread=
1&imgsafe=y&curmbox=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001&a=b4cac9f98f915d42121
042f1972187293923ead5b285c0348901585e1e#)  | _Inbox_
(javascript:HM('curmbox=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001'))             [ This e-mail is posted to
Gambia|Post e-Gathering by "Yero  Jallow" <[log in to unmask]
(http://by114fd.bay114.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/compose?curmbox=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000
000000001&a=b4cac9f98f915d42121042f1972187293923ead5b285c0348901585e1e253260&m
ailto=1&[log in to unmask]&msg=35251EF5-92CC-4A5C-8334-75310837632D&start
=0&len=12406&src=&type=x) >  ]

“Your mail alludes to the above from Dr Saine’s  interview.”LJ

Yes, perfectly right. Thanks for extracting  the particular portion for quick
reference for all readers.

“Since you floated this very idea some months ago, I wonder  what rationale
underlies this particular thinking.”LJ

Your  choice of word “floated” respected as opinion difference but you
missed it. As far as I know, there isn’t any random movement on the  matter, or to
say “suspension.” May be you are better asking for the  progress registered,
and how much of consultation was done within  and outside, ranging from
acquisition of a venue, material support,  and consultation down to the main
opposition leaders and their key  associates in the Diaspora. In addition to list of
 would-be-speakers, to which your name even appeared twice on the  mail.
Sadly, the late Dr. Langlee will not witness any of such, but  his name was
suggested also.

“Like you, Dr Saine’s  proposal is lacking in serious and substantial
justification.”LJ

I understand your frustration on the matter. It’s a free  world, so attached
to it, “freedom” and free way of thinking,  initiating ideas, calling for
unification, so on and so forth. I  respect Dr. Saine’s take on the matter
because it resonates with  mine. However, I will limit myself to your challenge on
my part, and  excuse my thread that I cannot talk on behalf of the man. For the
 information of this forum, I once consulted him on the issue, as a  way of
milking ideas from a learned and professional man of our time  with versatile
experience, just like I will do with you or any other  person. In fact, I did
with many others here by e-mail or telephone,  from Europe, America, Asia and
Africa. Your usage of the word  “serious” in the above could as well be termed
lacking “serious” or  “substantial justification” since you only threw a
dry cap. I am not  wearing that cap because it doesn’t fit me. Or to say not
aware of  the level the idea propagated and what was the feedback. I thank all
those that contributed in ideas, greatly.

“If I remember  correctly, your reference to such a conference was along the
lines  of a necessity for national reconciliation. Alongside the  “opposition
leaders”, are you minded to invite our healer-President  to such a national
reconciliation jamboree?”LJ

Yes, your  memory is sharp. That was part of my line of thinking. In fact,
lekki (In Atlanta) was one such believers of Jammeh attending the  same
jamboree, if you will allow me to borrow it from you. I respect  much the advice and
line of thinking he had then.

Yes, to  reveal to the public here that the matter was long since
communicated to the opposition, except for one who was out of the  country at the time.
It was bond that the matter was confidential,  and they said well of their
honest views on the matter which I  respect much. They were very open to any such
move.

See,  when you are undergoing the process, you learn from it. You develop
mature ideas from the initial point; hence the human thinking can  never be
stagnant. You change from one good idea to the best one.  One of the people to
have pioneered the idea here, if my memory  serves me well, was Haruna Darboe.
Much respect to the guy, he even  pledged some financial support incase the
event is to materialize. I  understand that such calls were made my others in
other forums,  probably to which I didn’t follow well, or simply not a member to.
Much respect to those also. If it takes to steal a good idea and  implement
it, hei “fire”. If one can read one’s book or written  piece from some
brilliant person and implement it, hei “fire.” Then,  one becomes a good thief. As
well, ideas can be of coincidence. I am  sure many have positive ways of
thinking, though; they might be shy,  diffident or simply lacking the spirit to put
it forward. Though  carefulness must be exercise in making these calls, but
one must  never give it the “wait lets see” ideology. I won’t mind displaying
some of the pieces that were thrown out there. I knew a day will  come when I
will have to account for my words, carefully written in  the most honest way.

“Since Dr Saine is not here to  address issues regarding an undefended
proposal,”LJ

I don’t  know if the guy is in this forum or not, though for the short time I
 have been at the Gpost, I never remember seeing his thread here.  That doesn’
t tell me he is not here either. He could as well be a  reader like the
thousand others. But I can forward anything to this  forum, just like everyone else
does, as long as it doesn’t infringe  on some one else’s freedom. For a
fact, the said interview with  except above is carried by a widely read newspaper
that simply  requires just having internet and you will be on the piece.

“why do you,”LJ

Why not me? Why not you? Why not  everyone else who truly believe in true
redemption? Who is excluded  except the one that excludes him or her self? The
answer to these  questions will be my answer to you, my brother.

“and  Gainako,”LJ

Point of correction: Gainako is only a medium of  communication, a media
outlet, like the very tool you and I are  communicating right now. They [Gainako
to which I am a consortium  of] beliefs in promoting democracy and freedom.
They promote  positive agendas and engage instrumental figures in the society in
their own little way. I wish the name was not even in your thread,  to help
me avoid answering questions individually pertaining to that  forum. Little or
big, just some excerted effort meant in a positive  way.

“take a similar view that the political Diaspora should  concern itself with
such a conference at this point in time?” LJ.

Good one. Like they say “better late than never.” Is it late  magistrate
Darboe? Many others did their part, certainly. Should  this struggle be limited
to that? In my humble opinion, an emphatic  “no” and that’s why “time” is
there to be the master. Diaspora  Gambia will be very instrumental towards any
unification of Gambians  at home. I am sure you agree to this without a second
thought.

“If you are not the originator of the idea, why do you think  you are
adequately positioned to midwife such a proposal?”

I  thought we haven’t come to that part yet, but you are a very smart
thinker. Who is the originator and what has he been doing towards  the proposal? I
would like to know and rally behind the guy humbly.  Like clearly stated
before, its no one left behind, except the one  that felt isolated in putting their
stake upfront. I am never afraid  to put my points across, in as much as I
know it’s a good  undertaking.

Note: By the way, thank you for a thread. I  wish all should be probed in a
similar manner at any time, done in a  way to promote and support healthy
discourses without hidden motive  to underrate or bring down. Such will be very
brotherly.

Catch you later on this debate.

Humbly submitted,
Yero, aog.