GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
TOMBONG SAIDY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 02:58:40 PST
Gambia-L,

Happy New Year to all.
Lets start the New Millennium by contributing directly to saving some
babies. We wish to thank list members for their support to OPERATION SAVE A
BABY and we look forward to more support this year.

Peace

Tombong Saidy
Operation Save a Baby 2000
Royal Victoria Hospital
Independence Drive
P. O. Box 1515
Banjul, The Gambia

1st January 2000

PRESS RELEASE
For Immediate Release

OPERATION SAVE A BABY 2000

Last year the First Lady, Madam Zineb Yahya Jammeh presided over Operation
Save a Baby, a fund raising venture whose main aim was to raise D100, 000
for the purchase of an incubator for premature babies at the Royal Victoria
Hospital. This is was one of the most successful fund raising effort in the
annals of this country and we ended up raising a record amount of D430,
285.00 plus a battery operated incubator. Operation Save a Baby was able to
secure five incubators, four for the Royal Victoria Hospital and one for
Bansang Hospital. The one for Bansang Hospital uses batteries and is mobile
(could be used in an ambulance for example).

On behave of the First Lady, Madam Zineb Yahya Jammeh, Operation Save a Baby
Committee, and all Gambians, particularly Gambian children, we wish to
express our gratitude, appreciation and thanks to all those who contributed
one way or the other to the success of Operation Save a Baby. We would like
to thank the Gambia Chamber of Commerce in particular and the Business
Community in General for the tremendous support they gave to Operation Save
a Baby. Without their support and co-operation, this fund raising effort
would not have been successful.

The success of Operation Save a Baby demonstrated that we the citizens could
do and achieve any thing if we put our resource together towards a common
course.

In light of the above and in spirit of the New Millennium to continue to
contribute to the development of The Gambia, we hereby launch OPERATION SAVE
BABY 2000 which will also be presided by the First Lady, Madam Zineb Yahya
Jammeh. OPERATION SAVE A BABY 2000 aims to raise D500, 000 within six
months, until June 30th, to purchase Vacuum Extractor with Caps, Autoclave
and Sterilises for the maternity ward. These are urgently needed equipment
and we are counting on the support of all Gambians particularly the business
community. Send your cheques to the Royal Victoria Hospital payable to
Operation Save a Baby 2000 (tel; 226 - 152; Fax: 225-832).

THE BABY YOU ARE SAVING MIGHT BE YOURS

Tombong Saidy
Chairman
Operation Save A Baby 2000