GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Modou Sanyang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 20:04:02 EDT
Mr Ebou Jallow,

When Peter Sanyang first came up with this
$3million issue,you objected to his approach.
Even though I understand why Peter got emotional with
the issue, I did agree with you that his approach was
less than diplomatic.

However, you have not responded well to even those who
took the diplomatic approach (Mr Elhajj Fye, Alpha Robinson etc).
So was it the approach that pissed you off or the issue itself?
If it is the latter, then be advised that your current approach will
not make it go away!

You have claimed here and elsewhere that you have been exonorated by a
credible court of law. Yet you are unwilling to allow people to scrutinise the
actual case that was before that court. You want us to accept your
intepretation of the results? if you were indeed cleared of the charges, was
it due to legal technicalities or substantive and exonorating evidence in your
favor?

Mr Jallow, since you have decided to not speak on this issue anymore,
please think about this: OJ Simpson was acquitted by a court of law. Yet he
lost a lot more than money. He lost the respect of most of his society and
peers. I think the reason is that, legal technicalities aside, he has not
convinced the common man/woman that he is completely innocent.
And, in my opinion, even in many generations to come, his children will find
it hard to be proud of the memory he will leave behind! That Mr Jallow, is
worse than any prison sentence.

Notwithstanding all the above, if, knowing the role you played in our nation's
development/underdevelopment process, you are able to live in peace with
yourself, then I can live with not knowing the answers to the questions that
were posed to you.

best regards,
Modou