GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Omar Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 16:48:19 +0200
Saul,

I hear you. When this idea came up, we were seeking information from all avenues, and the person who contacted Mr Faal did so because Banjul city council ran a similar programme sometime ago. I bet it has nothing to do with his capacity as Major or affiliation with the APRC. I guess I`ve also mentioned that we`ve been in touch with some ordinary citizens for the same reason and Modou camara is also one of them.

May I hasten to say that we would`nt find ourselves entangled in any "minefields", or to be compromised in any way whatsoever. This is a completely independent body and not answerable to "any"government official. I hope the fear of "a significant segment of the population is allayed".  Thanks anyway for the "early morning thought". It is sprinkled with a lot of sense.

Regards,
Omar.