GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
momodou olly-mboge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 23:56:22 GMT
Hi My Friend Ebou,

You are right,'credentials never measure any kind of intellectual power'.
It is interesting that Gambians are not awed anymore with people with
various titles attached to their names.

I for one, i'm not surprised by the Sedat JObes, Saja Taals, Tamsir Jallows.
  These bunch i believe are the intellectuals of the APRC. So much for their
intellectual imput the APRC is in such a state.

Well, Sedat Jobes hero was Leopold Sedat Senghore.  We know Senghore's
philosophy.  Wasn't he who wrote that 'reason is white and emotion is
negro'.  Senghore with all his so-called intellectualism was never able to
face the likes of the late C.A. Diop(the Pharoah of Knowledge), Alioune
Blondie Jobe and many more Senegalese greats.  C.A. Diop was imprisoned
several times under Senghore's rule just because he challenged the status
quo.  Blondie Jobe was murdered under his regime.  Sedat Jobe's
pseudo-intellectualism was nurtured under Senghore in Senegal. No wonder he
is capable of working with the monster Yahya.

In Africa many pseuo-intellectuals have been around.  Kamusu Banda was one
of them.  To me Soglo of Benin, Kabah of S.Leone are all people with 'Dr'
attached to their names yet look at the mess their countries are in.  Kabah
cannot stomach the likes of Kerefa-Smart yet he is suppose to be a democrate
and a former UN employee.

AS you mentioned many of the greatest statesmen never possessed any fancy
title.

For the likes of Saja Taal and Tamsir Jallow, i will reserve my comment for
the Gambians people know better than i do.

My fellow Gambians let us not waste our energies debating about the Sedat
Jobes and his likes.  We should consign them to where they belong; the
dustbin of history.  They are losers.  Let us give our support to the
sincere leaders we have on the ground.  We have the Darboes, Halifas and the
Sedias, so let us move on. The APRC are on their way out.

Peace,

GOd Bless,

Mboge